- Almost two miles of different beaches.
- Large pool area.
- Slightly hilly location directly at the Adriatic Sea, partly on a peninsula.
- Many restaurants, sports, and excursion offers.
- Partial coverage with Wi-Fi.
- Tour to Pula - to the Roman arena, where once gladiators fought in front of 26,000 spectators and naval wars were recreated, then on to the "fish-rich fortress" with its more than 50 aquarium basins. Or to the ghost town Dvigrad, abandoned since the 17th century, and to the life-size dinosaurs in Funtana...
- Truffles, wild asparagus, brodet fish soup, risotto, ombolo (marinated pork chop) or Istrian raw ham - culinary delights in the restaurants of Vrsar, the fishing village of Fazana and surroundings.
- For creative people and hobby artists: the sculptor workshops in late summer in the abandoned Monraker quarry in Vrsar.
- For adrenaline junkies: high above the sea instead of in or on the water? Climb the rock faces of Limski Fjord or near Kanfanar with 63 variants - or go on a voyage of discovery deep underground. In the stalactite cave Baredine, in Pazin or (almost still an secret tip) in the largest cave hall of the Istrian peninsula, at the farm Mramornica.
Adriatic holiday with the whole family at Camping Valkanela
Here you camp on more than 50 hectares, mostly half shady under pine trees - and you can discover a new place at the sea almost every day. Camping Valkanela is surrounded by several sandy, stone, and pebble beaches. So, diving goggles and snorkel on and off into the crystal clear Adriatic water. Above the beach line the blue flag of the European Union flutters in the fresh wind - that means you will discover especially safe and clean beaches here. Bathing areas are clearly separated from boat and windsurf bays. An extra entrance has been created for wheelchair users so that they can also enjoy a swim in the sea. If you travel with your four-legged friend, you will also find anextra dog beach.
And if you're looking for more water fun ...
... rent a canoe or pedal boat to explore the small bays at the camping park. Or to enjoy the view of the offshore islands. They rise out of the turquoise blue sea like green spots of colour. You can also look forward to the pool area of Camping Valkanela. With a swimming pool and a shallow children's area where dolphin figures and a smiling, colourful turtle wait for your youngest.
Caught fresh from the bay, and fresh from the grill onto your plate...
Enjoys Adriatic fish, crustaceans and shellfish or hearty meat dishes in the grill restaurant Smrikva. Or chill in one of the many bars or on the large, shady terrace directly on the beach, with a cappuccino, a glass of beer or Croatian wine such as the deep red Refosco. The shopping variety is just as large as the restaurant offer: treats for your daily needs are available in the supermarket; an extensive shopping stroll takes you to Vrsar, und two miles away. To "shop" online for your dream holiday with your family in Istria, simply click here for more information. About prices and availability of Camping Valkanela...