Glamping Resort Vallicella
Glamping and camping in the hills of the wild Maremma at Glamping Resort Vallicella
- Everyone lives his or her Tuscan "glamping way of life" here: wonderfully relaxed in the ‘AirLodge’, cosily in the ‘Coco Sweet’, and luxuriously in the ‘Cottage Next XL’.
- Shady in the olive grove: large pitches for tents, caravans, and motorhomes.
- Bathing fun: large pool area with extra children's pool and paddling lagoon.
- Kids only: affectionate childcare in the mini club.
- Pizza, pasta, parmesan: top restaurant with its own wood stove for the tastiest pizza in Maremma.
- For connoisseurs: wine tasting in your own wine cellar.
- For explorers and adventurers: from archaeological sites to night walks through the Maremma, here you will find the right experience for everyone in the family.
Our tips for your glamping and camping holiday in the Maremma
- Gastro tip: the restaurant of your Glamping Resort Vallicella has already got class, and it’s not for nothing that the restaurant's own wine cellar is praised in many travel guides. If you are interested in the original cuisine of the Tuscan Maremma, then you should go to nearby Scarlino and visit the Enoteca L'Osteria in Via Generale C. Citerni 4. A simply furnished Osteria, with a very clear menu, but great Maremma cuisine just like Mama’s home cooking. In addition, there’s a very good service and a large selection of excellent wines with competent advice, while prices are great too. Have a nice evening!
- Swimming tip: two recommendations at once for friends of swimming and bathing pleasures. You drive from the hills at Scarlino down to the sea to Pontone. From there a 1,2 mile long path leads to what is perhaps the most beautiful bay in Tuscany, Cala Violina (violin bay). The bay takes its name from the "sound of the violin" that sounds when walking barefoot through the fine white sand. During the high season there is a lot going on here during the day, the best time to come is early in the morning or late in the evening. The second bathing recommendation does not lead you to the coast, but inland to the sky-blue shimmering thermal springs in Saturnia. The 37 degrees warm sulphurous water comes from the nearby Monte Amiata and caresses with 800 litres per second from the Saturnia springs. Bathing in the naturally formed sinter basins is free of charge. Ideal also for those not so warm days!
- Tip for excursions: you should plan a whole day for this. Why not go to the nature reserve "Parco Naturale della Maremma" south of Grosseto. The park is wild and original. Here you will meet wild boars, wild horses, deer, and the free-range Maremma cattle, which are guarded and driven by the Tuscan cowboys, the butteri. The best place to start your tour is the Alberese Visitor Centre. From here you can hike to the wild beach Marina di Alberese or book a guided hike, canoe trip, or horse riding. Information is available at the reception of the Village Vallicella and at the Visitor Centre Alberese
So nice: from the pool you can see far away
The pool complex of the Glamping Resort Vallicella is something special and yet manages without a lot of bells and whistles. Of course you'll find a children's pool, a large swimming pool, a lagoon for splashing around and a small, child-friendly slide. But what's special about the terraced resort is its unique location in the hills of Scarlino. From here you have a great view of the mountain village Scarlino and the coast a mile or so away. With good visibility you can even see as far as Elba. There is also the large wood terrace with pool bar and plenty of room for your sun lounger.
All around the Glamping Resort Vallicella: active experience and discovery
Besides the pool system the Glamping Resort Vallicella has even more to offer. The local entertainment team and staff provides good entertainment for archery, handicrafts, football, or volleyball. If you want to explore the surroundings on your own, you should rent a mountain bike or a bicycle and go to nearby seaside resorts such as Follonica, Punta Ala, or the cute Castiglione della Pescaia to warm up. In the coastal village of Puntone di Scarlino, only 2.5 miles away, you will find everything you need for your daily life: baker, grocery store, pharmacy, newspaper kiosk, post office and very good fish restaurants. Or you can go on an archaeological discovery tour and visit the tomb Tomba Val Molina near Scarlino or the Villa Romana near Pontone, following in the footsteps of the Romans and Etruscans.
How much glamping can you get?
The Glamping Resort Vallicella offers you a wide range of comfortable and stylish camping accommodations. Here each Glamping guest finds the suitable Glamping domicile. A hot tip for romantic glamping days for two is the ‘Twin Lodge’ or the cosy ‘Coco Couple’ glamping tent. For families we recommend the two-storey glamping models ‘AirDreamer’ and ‘AirLodge’, and for larger groups the ‘Cottage Next XL’. But you will also find other glamping models such as the ’Coco Sweet’ for the young family, the hybrid lodge ‘Clever’, a mixture of tent and mobile home, as well as the cottage ‘Next Vallicella’ with room for four people. If you want to know more about the glamping offer or book immediately, then click on the "Vallicella button!"